Monday, August 17, 2009

The Waiting Game

Okay... so my interview for the job was Thursday, and it's Monday at 5:20pm and I still haven't heard anything. What's terrible isn't necessarily the wait, but the "not knowing what to do." Should I apply for other jobs in the meantime? Should I check more into subbing? I made a call to Amherst subbing today, and I'm going to check into Hadley tomorrow. 

Our apartment is located right next to the town line of Amherst and Hadley, which has proven to be wonderful. Amherst is full of cute towns, great produce, and a wonderful local feel, while Hadley has the corporate businesses we SO would have missed--Best Buy, Target, restaraunts, etc. The location is perfect, and so it would also be perfect to sub in Hadley as well. 

Today was a sit-at-home day, for the most part. Rodney went and practiced around noon, and I went to pick him up at 3:30 to walk downtown Amherst. We went into book shops, gift shops, any and all places that looked unique. It was very fun -- I had no idea just how many possibilities there were for book shops and cute libraries. It's wonderful!

Back home--temperature in the house was cooled down to 74 when I left (with our WONDERFUL air conditioner--thanks M&D), and within about 2 hours it's back up to 82. Oh joy.

Loves to all,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment